Looking to ship my luggage and furniture overseas, I had some time to do my research to find the right carrier and a fair price. I heard so many horror stories about international shippers losing packages and charging an arm and a leg to deliver the household goods.
Since all I had was time on my side, I submitted few moving rate quote requests through the websites I found on Google. The websites were professionally designed and easy to absorb your personal data but here is what I learned real fast:
- Your Contact data is farmed out and sold to other movers. You will never know who will call you back. Anyone can buy your contact and move details for as low as $5.00 per lead.
- Moving lead farms do not screen their vendors.
- The Quotes are not guaranteed, there are tons of hidden fees. from fuel surcharges to delivery fees.
- Most consolidators will sit on your shipment until the container is full, that can mean weeks of waiting.
- The devil is in the details, some movers lack the knowledge to properly complete the Bill Of Lading.
How To Chose The Best International Mover
Your next international mover should be a reputable and experienced business! Not just a fancy website. The company should be able to provide you with complete tracking of your shipment in form of a Bill Of Lading that can help you track your Household Goods Movement from start to finish.
We suggest you do a lot of research on the international moving company you choose and verify its ability to handle all of the details, as well as its ability to be a single source of contact for you. Request multiple quotes from licensed, professional companies that have proven experience handling moves to your international destination, and make sure to get all quotes in writing with a time table.
Best International Moving Carrier For Your Money
Always, research the company you hire to help you move overseas, use the BBB or the local business chambers to solicit feedback. In my case, I was happy to select Neighborhood Parcel to handle my move and here is why:
- A+ Rating with the Boston BBB
- AAA Rating with the Boston Business Chamber.
- Fully licensed and insured Mover.
- Full-service Mover: Packaging & Shipping services.
- Locally Owned and Operated Business.
- Not a data farm, they secure your contact details.
- Fast Response to Moving Quotes
You must be logged in to post a comment.