Looking to ship my luggage and furniture overseas, I had some time to do my research to find the right carrier and a fair price. I heard so many horror stories about international shippers losing packages and charging an arm and a leg to deliver the household goods.
Since all I had was time on my side, I submitted few moving quote requests through the websites I found on Google. The websites were professionally designed and easy to absorb your personal data but here is what I learned real fast:
- Your Contact data is farmed out and sold to other movers. You will never know who will call you back. Anyone can buy your contact and move details for as low as $5.00 per lead.
- Moving lead farms do not screen their vendors.
- The Quotes are not guaranteed, there are tons of hidden fees. from fuel surcharges to delivery fees.
- Most consolidators will sit on your shipment until the container is full, that can mean weeks of waiting.
- The devil is in the details, some movers lack the knowledge to properly complete the Bill Of Lading.
Always, research the company you hire to help you move overseas, use the BBB or the local business chambers to solicit feedback. In my case, I was happy to select Neighborhood Parcel to handle my move and here is why:
- A+ Rating with the Boston BBB
- AAA Rating with the Boston Business Chamber.
- Fully licensed and insured Mover.
- Full service Mover: Packaging & Shipping services.
- Locally Owned and Operated Business.
- Not a data farm, they secure your contact details.
- Fast Response to Moving Quotes