Gift season is upon us, this is the season when you need to stretch every dollar to the maximum. Don’t overlook the cost of shipping! Most carriers are now surcharging for Fuel costs and promised to increase their 2013 rates by at least 4-5 %
Here is how you can save on International shipping:
- Use professional packaging service: They use light weight fillers and correct size boxes.
- Ship early! Don’t wait till last minute. You will have to use Priority and overnight service as we get close to Christmas. Ship early and ship ground service.
- Go to independent shipping outlets. They are in most cases cheaper and have your best interest in mind. They do not pay royalty / franchise fees!
- Don’t fall victim to opening your own online account, the promotional rates are time limited and there rates do not match what you get charges at the end.
- Purchase insurance for your valuables. The cost is usually $1 per $100.00 of coverage.
- Consolidate gift shipping into minimum shipments.
- Look in local papers for discount coupons.
- USPS is no longer the cheapest service! Shop around with an open mind.
For more tips and coupons, visit my website: www.neighborhoodparcel.com